To create your reflective community means to consciously surround yourself with a like-minded community that is “reflective.”
There are two ways to define a reflective community.
A reflective community reflects, or mirrors, who you are, as in “Birds of a feather flock together.” In other words, it’s connected with your self-image and lifestyle.
A reflective community is also composed of deliberate thinking, consciously aware people who seek personal growth.
Why create your reflective community?
- For guidance and advice
- For unconditional support
- For accountability
Where can you find your reflective community?
- People you already know who are like-minded
- Community events for a cause
- Meetups or special interest groups
How can you start building your community intentionally?
- Increase your awareness. Audit the circle of friends you interact with now
- Create a list of people that inspire and motivate you
- Take action! Ask them to meet with you; invite to coffee, lunch, or any event
Read this article from Aging Gracefully TV and be assured that you’re never too old to make new friends! The article gives ideas for making new friends.